extra colormaps: OF or core?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: extra colormaps: OF or core?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 21:04:24 +0200

Hi all,

Not long ago we received a GPL version of the toolbox real2rgb[1]. My
question is whether to add this as an OF package/module or directly
into scripts/image in core.

real2rgb extends the functionality of colormaps by making them accept
Inf as the length argument (it will fail in the current colormaps).
This option makes the colormpa return the "concise description", i.e.
the minimum information needed to recreate a colormap of any length
(the data points of the interpolation if you wish). It also provides a
function to "deform" the colormaps according to color-bin sizes (this
allows nonlinear scaling of colormaps).

Should I continue with the orginial idea of making all this a new OF
package/module or shall I work to put this into core?

Thank you very much

[1] http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/23342-real2rgb-colormaps