Instruction for building with JIT

From: Richard
Subject: Instruction for building with JIT
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:49:35 +0100

Hi,

Are there instructions anywhere for building with JIT support? I'm having some trouble.

I have installed LLVM 3.1 from source, doing configure,make, make install, so it should be in wherever the standard place is on Mint Linux 12.

From the mailing lists I gather I need to do something like:

./configure LLVM_CONFIG=path_to_llvm_config

but what is "path_to_llvm_config" likely to be on my system? I have tried

octave/build $ which llvm-config
/usr/local/bin/llvm-config

then

../configure LLVM_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/llvm-config

but I get

  Build Octave GUI:                   true
  JIT compiler for loops:             false
  Do internal array bounds checking:  false
  Use octave_allocator:               false
  Build static libraries:             false
  Build shared libraries:             true
  Dynamic Linking:                    true (dlopen)
  Include support for GNU readline:   true
  64-bit array dims and indexing:     false

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Richard C

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.