removing the "function `unimplemented' not found" error

From: Mike Miller
Subject: removing the "function `unimplemented' not found" error
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 00:07:17 -0400

I've noticed the error "feval: function `unimplemented' not found"
showing up on the ML a number of times recently, usually associated
with something being wrong with the lookup path. Does anyone object to
this quirk going away? I have a change ready that simply silently
bypasses the installed missing_function_hook if it's not found, so it
treats a nonexistent function the same as having no
missing_function_hook installed. So instead of

octave:1> myfunc
error: feval: function `unimplemented' not found

you'll now get

octave:1> myfunc
error: `myfunc' undefined near line 1 column 1

This is one of those features that I think works best when it stays
out of the user's way. Anyone think this deserves a warning rather
than a silent suppression?

--
mike