Re: declarations for built-in DEFUN functions

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: declarations for built-in DEFUN functions
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:18:44 -0500

On 09/19/2012 08:34 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 19-Sep-2012, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| On 09/18/2012 03:23 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
|
|>  What about for the functions in the libinterp/corefcn directory?
|>  Those don't currently have corresponding header files.  Should they,
|
| I'd say no.  Reason being that the contents of these files really isn't
| OOP code using the C++ constructs.  It is the class definitions of C++
| that typically have a header-file/code-file combo.  I think they could
| be called .c rather than .cc for valid reasons.

I don't think it makes sense to name those files .c since the
signature of a DEFUN function requires the C++ class
octave_value_list.

That's true.  No individual header files though.

| Similarly, the lex.cc
| code could be compiled under C which would eliminate some cast warnings.

Similarly, the actions in the lexer depend heavily on C++ classes, so
I don't see how the generated lex.cc file can be compiled by a C
compiler.

Sorry, I looked it up and Qhull is the library that is essentially C code. Flex has an object oriented interface in the works.

Dan