gnulib module list in bootstrap.conf

From: Rik
Subject: gnulib module list in bootstrap.conf
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:44:20 -0700

9/16/12

John,

Is the list of modules that we import from gnulib up to date?

We are using the C++ interface to gnulib so most of the functions that we
want to use need to be tagged with 'gnulib::'.  This makes it pretty simple
to grep and find a list of the functions we are using.  When I compare that
against the list of modules in bootstrap.conf I notice some discrepancies.

As an example, we use gnulib::floor in several places but never import the
module.  The module happens to be a dependency of round which we *are*
importing.  However, it seems like it would be better usage to actually
import all the modules we call directly.  Eventually, maybe, we do away
with importing round and gnulib-tool is smart enough to know that it can
then remove modules that it had imported only to satisfy a dependency.  At
that point we have a link error and are scratching our heads.

I attached the culled list of functions used and the list of modules from
the bootstrap.conf file.

--Rik