Re: Windows testing

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Windows testing
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 08:55:36 +0200

On 9/5/2012 7:48 AM, Reza Housseini wrote:
I did a build on windows over cygwin. Documentation building was not
working, so I disabled it but then run trough fine. A big problem I
detected with the gui where the missing icons, is  this a bug or just
some missing includes? Another problem was the hangup after a while,
without interacting with the gui. But I didn't tested this out further.

Reza,
please post you reply below the original message, no on top.

Have you tested the gui after installation with "make install-strip" ?
On my build I see all the icons.

About documentation build, I presume you see fork failures when
"make" runs "run-octave". As workaround you can, in sequence :

1) make install-strip

2) on build_tree/doc/interpreter directory
sed -e "s/\$(top_builddir)\/run-octave/octave-cli/g" Makefile > Makefile.mod

3) on the same directory
   make -f Makefile.mod

in this way you will use the installed octave-cli to build
the documentation instead of the debug version in the build tree.
This will reduce the risk of fork failures.
Eventually you will need to include the installed dll and oct files
in the rebaseall list with the option "-T"

Regards
Marco