Re: Unwarranted old-style cast warning and non-critical error

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Unwarranted old-style cast warning and non-critical error
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 17:57:33 -0400

On 23-Aug-2012, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| The other day when I
| built the GUI, I had a barrage of warnings about shadow variables.

That's not mysterious.  It happened because we switched to using the
same options for building the Qt code as we use for the rest of
Octave, and if you are using GCC, that means using -Wshadow.  That
option wasn't present before when the Qt build was using different
options set in qmake config files.  So those problems were likely
always present, just not noticed because we weren't compiling with
-Wshadow.