Re: Agora Octave: CSS preprocessors and continuous integration

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Agora Octave: CSS preprocessors and continuous integration
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 19:44:59 -0400

On 10 August 2012 14:11, Wendy Liu <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 10 August 2012 07:54, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM, Wendy Liu wrote:

>> > I'm this vein, I'm thinking of using Travis
>> > (http://travis-ci.org/) for automated unit testing management;
>> > however, I'd like to know if the community has other
>> > recommendations, particularly if there is integration with
>> > Mercurial.
>>
>> Again, only what I've read in a few minutes, but AFAICT this locks
>> you in to git and github, correct?

> Yes, it only works in conjunction with github.

If that is the case, I would really prefer if you de-emphasised the
importance of using Travis. I won't push the point if you really want
to use Travis, but Agora being sort of a GNUish package, well, y'know:

    http://mako.cc/writing/hill-free_tools.html

Focus on the other parts of the Agora project. I'll work on figuring
out the Hydra manual and using it with Agora:

    http://hydra.nixos.org/build/2923466/download/1/hydra/manual.html#id1015862

We should be using that more properly with Octave anyways, so me (or
you!) learning Hydra and the Nix language won't be a waste of time in
the long run.

I'm looking forward to next week's output. :-)

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.