Re: Last commit may break your builds

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Last commit may break your builds
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 14:43:20 +0100

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Jacob Dawid wrote:
> John,
>
> okay, you are thinking very different from what I thought of. I didn't
> notice you are generating a src.pro from a src.pro.in. Actually, I like that
> idea more than mine. For a port to Qt5 we would then have to generate a
> .pro-file, run the porting tool and then take the changes back to the
> src.pro.in. That is not a huge deal and might work as well.

As an alternative, I've integrated qmake into autotools before by having
a Makefile.am with rules sorta like this:

all-local: Makefile.qt
        $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) -f $<

Makefile.qt: project.pro
        $(QMAKE) -o $@ $<

If you're interested in that approach, I can do some digging and see if
I had to do anything else to support vpath builds, but I know I had that
working.

I've submitted this change that integrate the GUI building with regular octave building. The gui directory is not built by default, so you have to enter gui dir, then type make. This allows me to build octave-gui normally, including into a separate directory. Tested under Linux at the moment.

I also pushed a change on qterminal repo, but for some reason I don't understand yet, the change in .hgsubstate hasn't been part of the change above. And although my local .hgsubstate file is different from the repo, "hg status" does not report is as such. I still have to figure out that part.

Michael.