hdf5

From: Ed Meyer
Subject: hdf5
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 08:54:30 -0700

I'm trying to help a user on the help mail list (Jarhead) who saved some
data in matlab with the -v7.3 option which one would think would create
a version 7.3 .mat file but instead it created an hdf5 file which fails to load
in his version of octave (it probably does not have hdf5 support), though it
does load in mine (which does have hdf5 support).  Has anyone heard of
this behavior?

I thought about fixing load-save.cc to check for the hdf5 signature even
if it was built without hdf5 support so we could at least give the user a more
meaningful error message.

--
Ed Meyer