Re: Octave on PBS Job Array

From: Julien Salort
Subject: Re: Octave on PBS Job Array
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:10:59 +0200

mathan <address@hidden> writes:

> The following error has occurring when i submit the job in PBS but the .m
> file is running without any problem when i execute it from bash program
> interactively( Not in PBS )
>
> *octave: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory*

I've had a similar problem  recently, which was caused by system version
mismatches.
I'd check the following:
- The Octave  binary you are using,  was it compiled on  the same system
  version as  the one on the  cluster node ?  Typically,  I had compiled
  for CentOS6 and  tried to execute on a CentOS5  node where the library
  versions I linked against were not available ;
- Have you checked that the environment variables are ok on the node ?
  (ie. LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ...)
  so that the required dynamic libraries can be found...

Hope that helps,