Patch for bug #36393: "warning" control syntax difference between Matlab

From: Stefan
Subject: Patch for bug #36393: "warning" control syntax difference between Matlab and Octave 3.6.1
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 10:13:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have fixed bug #36393 that I reported last week. It concerned some
incompatibilities with Matlab when calling "warning" with a structure array
to switch on and off particular warnings. Essentially, Matlab uses the
structure array to *update* the warning options, while Octave uses it to
*reset* them.

This broke 3rd party library code that uses this feature.

The fix is quite straightforward in src/error.cc. I attach the new file and
the output of "hg diff error.cc".

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4618102/error.cc error.cc

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4618102/error_cc.diff
error_cc.diff

Test code demonstrating the bug and fix is in the bug report.

Since I am now relying on Octave to run a 10-year history of m- and
mex-files for my professional research, I have a strong interest in making
Octave even more reliable than it already is. I am getting familiar with
Octave codebase and would like to contribute in the future. Could you
suggest some topics where you need help?

Many thanks,
Stefan