overloading rules

From: CdeMills
Subject: overloading rules
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 12:03:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

in the dataframe package, I wrote specific functions which shadows the core
functions, like plus, minus, ... Now I would like to be able to export
directly a dataframe into something that programs like Exell could read. One
of the candidate would be dlmwrite, which is defined in a .m file. Is it
possible to shadow dlmwrite in such a way that if the matrix argument is a
dataframe, a specific, dataframe-aware version is called in place of the
original one ?

Regards

Pascal