Re: textscan

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: textscan
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:59:19 +0200

Ben Abbott wrote:
On Apr 27, 2012, at 12:31 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:

Philip Nienhuis wrote:
<follow-up cc'd to octave-maintainers ML>

Graf, Alexander wrote:
<snip>
you recently posted a patch to make textscan faster.
<snip>
However, I think that in line 168 (of the readily patched
file<http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=25423>)

fskipl (fid, varargin{headerlines + 1});

varargin should be replaced by args. At least that was necessary
to run it with my script, where some parameters unknown to
octave-textscan might have caused empty entries in varargin that
are cleared out in args.

Hmmm, I think you are right. Good catch!
As my patch has already been pushed, I'll (try to) prepare a changeset
this weekend.

Changeset attached.

I also adapted a copyright string in strread.m (was a bit overdue)

Could one of the core devs please check if it is OK and then push it, please?

Thanks,

Philip
<textscan_strread.patch>

Minor detail, but is the summary correct ?

        "Correct assignment to wrong variable f headerlines processing"

Should the "f" be "for" ?

Yes, Ben.
I'd rather also attribute it to "Alexander Graf <address@hidden>" as he proposed this fix but I don't know how to get that together. Plain edit? wouldn't that mix up the .hg stuff?
(my Mercurial knowledge is close to embarrassing)

Could you amend the changeset, please?

TIA, Philip