Re: Identification string for Octave script detection in VIM

From: Júlio Hoffimann
Subject: Re: Identification string for Octave script detection in VIM
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:59:31 -0300

Hi Jordi,

We can say with total certainty that all MATLAB keywords are also Octave keywords? If yes, i can contact VIM devs again asking to replace matlab.vim by Rik's octave.vim.

I'm also checking the indentation file, the MATLAB one can be easily adapted/improved for Octave.

Regards,
Júlio.

2012/4/17 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
2012/4/15 Júlio Hoffimann <address@hidden>:

> I've being contacting VIM developers to add Rik's octave.vim syntax
> to the official VIM distribution. The problem we face is that (as we
> all know) GNU Octave scripts tries to be as compatible as possible
> with MATLAB scripts, making the automatic filetype detection
> impossible.

I don't understand the problem. Automatic filetype detection? Matlab
syntax is supposed to be a subset of Octave syntax, so if you have
Octave mode, this mode should also be able to handle Matlab syntax.

Can you work on the Octave mode to handle all of the Matlab syntax
too?

- Jordi G. H.