Re: Question about shrinkfaces compatibility

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Question about shrinkfaces compatibility
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:50:52 +0200

Am 01.04.2012 21:40, schrieb Martin Helm:
I started the implementation of shrinkfaces, which is missing in octave.
Attached is a draft which is incomplete, but I need to ask at this early
stage if someone can tell me what behavior for colored surfaces is ML
compatible? The documentation does not tell anything, so I used what I
think is a reasonable behavior (assign the same colors to the shrinked
triangles which is used in the original triangles).
The implementation as it is now works only for triangular patches the
correct way, I have not yet found a reasonable general solution for
arbitrary polygons.
If someone can give me some hints about ML incompatibilities I would be
grateful.

Just type "demo shrinkfaces" for a primitive example (works with all
backends).

Sorry for the late follow up. Attached is a changeset for the final implementation. It works for arbitrary convex polygons (2d and 3d).
please consider to include it.