Re: isnan in fortran

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: isnan in fortran
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:48:17 -0400

On 11 April 2012 16:26, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 11 Apr 2012, at 21:46, John W. Eaton wrote:
>
>> I applied it with a few small changes.  The most significant change
>> was to use hg rename instead of hg remove+hg add.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> jwe
>
> I did actually use
>
> hg mv errfc.f errfc.in.f
>
> I wonder why the resulting patch still looked like if I had used hg remove+hg
> add
> maybe our hg entusiast Jordi has an idea what could be causing that?

hg needs the --git option to produce extended git diffs that encode
that information. By default, hg uses the conservative diff(1) format
which are more widely understood than the git extensions.

You can add to your .hgrc the following lines to produce git diffs:

    [diff]
    git = true

> Indeed, also the changeset you actually pushed, removes the whole body of the
> .f files
> and adds the full body of the .in.f ones:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/bc4c574ab3b6

That was only an artifact of the same thing. I just added the same
lines above to the webserver's hgrc and now you get more compact and
informative diffs.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.