edit.m and EDITOR

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: edit.m and EDITOR
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:26:58 -0400

Re this discussion:

    http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/edit-error-tp4541388p4545830.html

I am not sure how to fix this. My first attempt is attached, but I
think this isn't quite right. The problem is that this breaks the
struct that edit("get") used to return, but I'm not sure this is
serious. More problematically, it also breaks the string, with the %s
included, that edit("editor", foo) is supposed to let you set.

The problem I'm trying to solve is that EDITOR and edit shouldn't be
storing separate variables for the EDITOR command. How do you
recommend to solve this instead?

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.