Re: Octave 3.6.1 mingw for windows - updated

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.1 mingw for windows - updated
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 15:41:35 -0400

On 04/05/2012 09:51 AM, Sébastien Villemot wrote:

Note that the current choice of installing and autoloading everything is
well-suited for my Dynare users, since they will want at least
optim+statistics+io+java, and I prefer not to ask my users to type a
couple of "pkg" commands after installation.

That reminds me of the bash-completions system that intercepts shell error message 'bash: z++: command not found' and offers to install a package providing similarly-sounding commands. It is clever but a little controversial, because it introduces unpredictable latency.

Octave+octave-forge has a much smaller space of possible commands so maybe this would be a reasonable thing to do?