Re: edit.m bug fix

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: edit.m bug fix
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:15:23 -0400

On Mar 20, 2012, at 2:44 PM, Carlo de Falco wrote:

> I see the following errors when calling "edit":
>
>>> edit edit.cc
> error: cstrcat: expecting arguments to character strings
> error: called from:
> error:   /opt/octave/3.7/share/octave/3.7.0+/m/strings/cstrcat.m at line 50,
> column 5
> error:   /opt/octave/3.7/share/octave/3.7.0+/m/miscellaneous/edit.m at line
> 422, column 14
>>> function fntest ()
>      a = 1;
>   endfunction
>>> edit fntest.m
> error: type: `fntest' undefined
>>> edit fntest.cc
> error: type: `fntest' undefined
>>>

> the attached cset fixes the errors for me, any ojections if I push?
> c.
>
> <open_1hzlzn8S.txt>

Your patch doesn't work for me. My FUNCTION structure contains ....

  scalar structure containing the fields:

    AUTHOR = Ben Abbott
    EDITINPLACE =  1
    EDITOR = mvim %s
    EMAIL = <address@hidden>
    HOME = .
    LICENSE = GPL
    MODE = async

When I type "edit edit.cc", Octave's window has the appearance of emacs editing
a file names "edit.cc", but I'm actually still at Octave's command prompt.

Meanwhile the file edit.cc has been created. This file has the copyright at the
top and includes the contents of edit.m (commented out).

Is the content of edit.cc intended ?

Ben