Re: Where is the pieces of code that do the following...

From: Corbin Champion
Subject: Re: Where is the pieces of code that do the following...
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:54:41 -0700

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 7:15 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 15-Mar-2012, Corbin Champion wrote:

| Looking for where in the Octave code it traverses the path to find a .m file
| that matches a function name.

Look at load-path.h and load-path.cc.

jwe

Thanks for the replies!  Maybe a better question is, how does Octave know where to find the .m files (and other files) that are part of the Octave install.  How do I tell Octave they are somewhere other than normal?  Is it just part of the Octave PATH?  The reason I ask this, is I have Octave working in Android (haven't built all optional dependencies or octave forge packages, but I think that would be easy given where I am at), but to package it as an app for the app market, any resources the program is dependent on have to be installed in a particular way and place, which is different than normal.  I am thinking of just unpacking these all to a directory and telling Octave to look there, if it is that simple.

Thanks,
Corbin