Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 72, Issue 66

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 72, Issue 66
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:34:50 +0100

On 16 Mar 2012, at 15:14, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:09:07 +0100
> From: Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden>
> Subject: pkg.m
>
> Hi,
>
> Debugging the installation of the package geometry-1.4.0[1] I found
> that pkg is creating a PKG_ADD script that contains many copies of the
> PKG_ADD script packaged with geometry. Is this the expected behavior?
>
> Additionally, before starting with this I could install geometry from
> forge without any problems, i.e.
> pkg -forge install geometry
> gave no errors. After testing the -prefix option (to understand the
> problem reported), I am not able to install from forge anymore:
>
> <...>
>
> Help? Ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> [1]
> http://gnu-octave-repository.2306053.n4.nabble.com/geometry-1-4-0-cannot-handle-installation-prefixes-td4463998.html

Juan Pablo,

I cannot replicate tha behaviour on my system, what I get is:

>> pkg install -forge -verbose geometry
mkdir (/var/tmp/oct-NqqN7i)
untar (/Users/carlo/Desktop/OF/octave/octave/scripts/pkg/geometry-1.4.0.tar.gz,
/var/tmp/oct-NqqN7i)
warning: Copying subfolder src to package main dir, but multiple Makefiles are
not handled
mkoctfile: stripping disabled on this platform
mkoctfile -c -Wall -Wextra -I. compilador.c -o compilador.o
mkoctfile -c -Wall -Wextra -I. errores.c -o errores.o
mkoctfile -c -Wall -Wextra -I. eucli.c -o eucli.o
mkoctfile -c -Wall -Wextra -I. fgeneral.c -o fgeneral.o
mkoctfile -c -Wall -Wextra -I. greiner.c -o greiner.o
mkoctfile -c -Wall -Wextra -I. polig.c -o polig.o
mkoctfile -c -Wall -Wextra -I. ptopol.c -o ptopol.o
mkoctfile -c -Wall -Wextra -I. segmento.c -o segmento.o
mkoctfile -c -Wall -Wextra -I. ventorno.c -o ventorno.o
mkoctfile -s -Wall -Wextra -I. _oc_polybool.cc *.o
rm -rf *.o *~
copyfile /var/tmp/oct-NqqN7i/geometry/src/_oc_polybool.oct
/var/tmp/oct-NqqN7i/geometry/inst/x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0-api-v48+
For information about changes from previous versions of the geometry package,
run 'news ("geometry")'.

and the contents of PKG_ADD seem OK to me.

c.