Re: Problem with printing plots

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Problem with printing plots
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 00:32:51 -0500

2012/3/9 Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden>:
> 2012/3/8 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
>
>>    ../../run-octave -f -q -H -p
>> /home/jordi/coding/vcs/octave-devel/doc/interpreter --eval
>> "geometryimages ('voronoi', 'eps');"
>>    error: get: A(I): index out of bounds; value 3 out of bound 2
>
> I usually get this type of errors when I do (stupid) things like:
>
> octave:1> sqrt=2
> sqrt =  2
> octave:2> sqrt(4)
> error: A(I): index out of bounds; value 4 out of bound 1

Well, I'm baffled as to why I'm the only one seeing this problem. The
only thing I can imagine could be causing it is my .octaverc, because
jwe has also reported not seeing a problem, and I think he's also on
Debian 6.0, so we should have the same version of all the important
packages. But my .octaverc seems pretty innocuous:

    edit mode async
    edit home .
    crash_dumps_octave_core(0);
    PS1( "\\[\\033[01;36m\\]\\s:\\#> \\[\\033[0m\\]" )
    graphics_toolkit fltk;
    warning("off", "Octave:broadcast");

I can reproduce it quite reliably, reliably enough to use hg bisect on
it and narrow it down to a mysterious-looking cset related to
plotting. So I don't think I'm completely crazy about experiencing
this problem while no one else does...

- Jordi G. H.