Re: Octave-3.6.1 for Windows (VS2008/VS2010) available

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Octave-3.6.1 for Windows (VS2008/VS2010) available
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 20:42:01 +0000

On 3 March 2012 08:54, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Michael Goffioul
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've uploaded binary installers for octave-3.6.1 compiled with Visual
>> Studio 2008/2010. These are available from:
>>
>> VS2008: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45539519/octave-3.6.1-vs2008-setup.exe
>> VS2010: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45539519/octave-3.6.1-vs2010-setup.exe
>>
>> To install, simply download the executable, run it and follow the
>> installer instructions.
>>
>> These binaries contains (most of these are optional and can be
>> deselected during the installation procedure):
>> - octave 3.6.1
>> - all required dependencies
>> - 72 packages from octave-forge
>> - ATLAS 3.8.4 single-threaded and multi-threaded (2 threads)
>> - QtHandles
>> - experimental octave GUI (compiled from hg gui branch)
>> - gnuplot 4.4.4
>>
>> Note that these binaries do not contain the Visual C++ compiler. They
>> also do not contain the corresponding VC++ runtime DLL. You can
>> download them separately from MS download website. These are also
>> installed automatically when you install the Visual C++ compiler.
>>
>> Enjoy.
>>
>> Michael.
>
> Carne, do you think these could be uploaded to octave-forge?

Done.

Available for download here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.1%20for%20Windows%20Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio/

I have also updated the octave forge site to point to the directory
with all windows binaries. Also, should this page on the wiki be
updated? http://octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Octave_for_Windows

Carnë