Re: [OctDev] Google Summer of Code 2012: Call for projects and mentors

From: rocketdude
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Google Summer of Code 2012: Call for projects and mentors
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:25:10 -0800 (PST)

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote

> On 18 February 2012 02:36, Thomas Yengst <yengst@> wrote:
>> I added "64-bit octave" as a project.
>> starting from
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Compiling-Octave-with-64_002dbit-Indexing.html
>
> I don't understand. What more do you expect than this?
>
> Also, if you want this as a GSoC project, are you willing to mentor it?
>
> - Jordi G. H.

well, I've been trying to sort it all out and it's challenging to get all
the 64-bit libraries correct. Testing the capability is another task.

I would expect the Windows version of this to be REALLY hard - for those
that have been forced to use Matlab on a 32-bit windows machine will
remember that the largest array that usually fits in the machine is 400 MB.

and yes... I'm happy to be a mentor.

Tom