Re: Qhull 2012.1 questions

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Qhull 2012.1 questions
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:09:23 +0100

On 2/10/2012 5:18 AM, Brad Barber wrote:
Hi all,

Marco proposed the following changes to Qhull as part of his cygwin build.
Most of them look OK to me.

Please review the following changes.  Let me know which ones are good and which
are not so good.   I'd like to use the same conventions for all builds.  There
will probably be a rerelease of Qhull 2012-1 next week.

1)  Move installed documentation from
      /usr/share/doc/packages/qhull
      /usr/share/doc/qhull

2) Move installed man pages from
     /usr/man/man1
     /usr/share/man/man1

3) Remove the installation of user_eg* and testqset.  Continue to build them
into Qhull's local bin directory.

4) Remove cmake's target VERSION from executables

5) Set cmake's SOVERSION to 6 and remove $qhull_MAJOR.  The dll's would have
the following names.  A source of confusion is that qhull 2011 produced
qhull6.dll for qh_QHpointer.   Any users would need to refer to qhull_p-6.dll
(and not! qhull-6.dll).

  /usr/bin/cygqhull-6.dll
  /usr/bin/cygqhull_p-6.dll

6) Merge Road*.h and Road*.cpp from
      src/road/...
      include/road/...
     src/libqhull/...
     include/libqhull/...

7) Keep libqhullstatic.a.   Marco prefers 'libqhull.a' and CLEAN_DIRECT_OUTPUT.
   Using libqhullstatic.a avoids conflicts between libqhull.a and libqhull.so.
 Renaming libqhull.so to libqhull-6.so would remove this conflict.   Does
anyone else prefer libqhull.a?

8) Continue to build the qhull executables as static builds.   It makes them
standalone and simplifies moving them elsewhere.

9) Retain the prolog for q_eg, q_egtest, and q_test.  It checks that the script
is launched in the top-level directory.   Maybe change the tests to error only
if qhull is inaccessible.

10) Redo the error message for nearly-cospherical Delaunay sites (e.g., rbox c
| qdelaunay).   The option 'Qz' is particularly valuable in this case.

                         --Brad

HI Brad,
one note

8) Continue to build the qhull executables as static builds. It makes them standalone and simplifies moving them elsewhere.

this was your solution, I made them dynamic build

Regards
Marco