Re: forwarded message from depuis

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: forwarded message from depuis
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 10:58:19 -0800

On 01/08/2012 08:31 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
Hello John,

I posted a few times on the Octave Maintainers ML a patch implementing
locales support in [s]scanf functions. There are two parts: a proxy for the
imbue function in Octave stream implementation, then a call to this imbue
function in [s]scanf implementation, when the third argument is a string.
As this add functionalities and does not modify existing behaviour, and as
you're releasing unofficial snapshot, I would very appreciate that you
include my patch, targeting its incorporation in the upcoming 3.6 version.
Could you please review and incorporate it ?

Regards

Pascal
I recommend giving this some attention.  It is easy for us who expect US
language behavior too consider locales to be unimportant.  But, this is
not fair nor reasonable.

Issues of compatibility with Matlab can be checked at:
www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_env/brj_w4w-2.html

From the release/timing standpoint, I think now is as good a time as
any.

Pascal may want to respond about Matlab compatibility.

Michael