ARPACK sources removed from Octave (was: ARPACK test case for configure.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: ARPACK sources removed from Octave (was: ARPACK test case for configure.ac)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 20:18:48 -0500

On 26-Dec-2011, Rik wrote:

| I reduced the work you did in bug #31479 to a simple test case that could
| be run by configure to verify the installed ARPACK library.  I'm attaching
| the file as you can probably insert it more easily into configure.ac.
|
| When I run
| g++ -o arpack_libtest -llapack -lblas -larpack arpack_libtest.cc
| ./arpack_libtest
|
| I get a segfault.  This is built against a problem version of ARPACK that
| is shipped with Ubuntu 10.04 (2.1+parpack96.dfsg-2build1).
|
| If I build against the fixed version of ARPACK in libcruft it works
|
| g++ -o arpack_libtest -L/usr/local/lib/octave/3.4.3 -llapack -lblas -lcruft
| arpack_libtest.cc
| setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib/octave/3.4.3/
| ./arpack_libtest

Thanks for looking at this problem.  I converted your C++ program to
Fortran and checked in the following changeset to add the test to the
configure script and remove the arpack sources from Octave.

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/834df9f10963

Could you check to make sure that this test still fails when you run
it with the old version of ARPACK that has the bug?