Re: Octave 3.5.91 snapshot available for ftp

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Octave 3.5.91 snapshot available for ftp
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 00:39:11 +0100

Hello Tatsuro,

Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
Hello

Although Philip has been reported for MinGW build, I have built it.
The 'make check' result is

Integrated test scripts:

   src\data.cc ............................................ PASS  796/798  FAIL
2

   PASS   8541
   FAIL      2

The data.cc FAILS has been already known.

I do not know the reason why different make check results between Philip's and
mine.
Anyway my built build was fine for 3.9.51.

I've used your MinGW gcc 4.5.2 dependencies/libraries.

Have you used MinGW gcc 4.6.1 for your build? (you uploaded the dependencies + libs for that a while ago) A few weeks ago I tried to invoke those libs + dependencies too but got loads of errors about "missing procedure entry points in libstc++6.dll". I strongly suspect the gcc 4.6.1 MinGW setup at my side is corrupt but I had no time yet to sort that out.

Ignoring the data.cc & MAGICK configuration issues, only two FAILS are left, both of which do not look alarming to me. They are probably related to my local MinGW setup as well, I don't think there's anything wrong with the dependency libs you provided.

Best wishes,

Philip