Re: arpack: no rule to make target `arpack/src/dnaupe.f' ?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: arpack: no rule to make target `arpack/src/dnaupe.f' ?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:33:14 -0500

On Dec 21, 2011, at 2:39 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> Its been a few weeks since I tried to build on Ubuntu.
>
> I started with a maintainer-clean.
>
> My build ends quickly with "no rule to make target `arpack/src/dnaupe.f'"
>
> Anyone have a suggestion how this file found its way into the libcruft
> Makefile ?
>
> Ben

I noticed I was unable to "hg update" due a problem with the gnulib subrepo.

I don't understand the mercurial subrepo stuff, but after finding the link
below ...

        http://mercurial.selenic.com/bts/issue1771

I tried ...

        hg debugsetparents tip
        hg debugrebuildstate
        hg cat -rtip .hgsubstate > .hgsubstate
        vi .hgsubstate
        hg ci -m "Barf-o-rama" .hgsubstate

        hg pull
        hg update -C

... and now dnaupe.f is no longer mentioned in libcruft/arpack/module.mk and
Octave is building.

Ben