Re: How to download the gui on the Mecurial repository and requirements

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: How to download the gui on the Mecurial repository and requirements
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:01:12 +0100

I will check that when I am back at home.

Am 21.12.2011 13:50 schrieb "marco atzeri" <address@hidden>:
On 12/21/2011 12:39 PM, Jacob Dawid wrote:
Hello everyone,

I haven't participated in the project for a few weeks now, but I am
definately not going to stop my work on the GUI. It has a few bugs, but
the code is easy to maintain. You have to know that the GUI and octave
use different build systems. The GUIs system uses the system's installed
tools to retrieve to determine the location of the octave-headers. So if
you want to build octave and the GUI, you would have to build octave,
install octave and the start to build the GUI (or alternatively rewrite
the *.pro so that it uses the previously compiled tools without
installing them).

As for dependencies on Ubuntu, you need the packages libqscintilla2-dev
and qt4-dev. Navigate to the gui folder and and type 'qmake-qt4', this
will read the *.pro-file and generate Makefiles (qmake often works, too,
but it is safe to officially emphasize to use qmake-qt4, since qmake can
get confused when there are multiple version of Qt installed, which is a
painful thing to unexperienced people). Then just run 'make' to build
the application. You can also do './compile.sh' which simply executes
these commands one after another.

Jacob,
the instruction is clear but make fails
on cygwin with
gcc (GCC) 4.5.3
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 4.7.4 in /usr/lib/qt4/lib

at

../gui/src/terminal/KPty.cpp: In member function ‘void KPty::setCTty()’:
../gui/src/terminal/KPty.cpp:420:41: error: no matching function for call to ‘KPty::open(QByteArray&, int, int)’
../gui/src/terminal/KPty.cpp:93:1: note: candidates are: bool KPty::open()
../gui/src/terminal/KPty.cpp:286:1: note: bool KPty::open(int)
../gui/src/terminal/KPty.cpp: In member function ‘void KPty::login(const char, const char)’:

ideas ?
I have both libqscintilla2-devel and qt4-dev

After a successful build just run './start.sh'. The reason you need to
do this is a bug that's not fixed yet. It's not clear why it appears,
but you can "fix" it by setting the LANG-variable of the current
terminal to en_US.UTF-8 before launching the application. Otherwise the
terminal has some strange behaviour.

Best regards,
Jacob

Marco