Re: octave mingw problem

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: octave mingw problem
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:37:44 +0000

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Nov 23, 2011, at 2:51 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

Maybe you're mixing release and debug libraries when linking. There
used to be 2 versions of each Qt library (at least on Windows, but it
seems to be similar on Mac OS X): one release version, and one debug
version. When linking, either you only uses release ones, or you use
the debug ones, but you can't mix them together.

Michael.

That was it.  I had both qt4-mac and qt4-creater-mac installed. After removing the qt4-creater-mac port, the gui runs.

I've attached a pic of the window.

I haven't experimented much but it looks to be working. Unfortunately when I quit, I get "octave-gui quite unexpectedly" (pic attached).

I don't have access to any Mac OS X system and I'm not familiar with it anyway. At this point, you're a bit on your own. I guess the first thing would be to get a backtrace.

Michael.