waitbar function

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: waitbar function
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 05:40:49 -0400

I have added a graphical waitbar function to Octave.

Doing that required several changes to the graphics code that I'm not
100% confident about so there could be a few problems.  The list of
changesets related to the addition of this function is:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/718f78b01de1
  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/760e4e88dba3
  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/5acb5c25e4ae
  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/195ff3561152
  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d7d14f1a4c4d
  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/a2e158c3451f

Please let me know as soon as possible if you notice any new problems
with plotting.

The waitbar seems to work correctly with OpenGL+FLTK graphics, but it
doesn't seem to do the right thing with gnuplot.  I haven't debugged
that yet, but it looks like gca or gcf is being called
inappropriately so it is popping up extra windows.  If you have any
clues about exactly why or where that is happening, let me know.

I'd also appreciate any help with fixing the FLTK functions so that we
can omit the button and status panel from the the bottom of figure
windows (the waitbar window should not have one).