Re: Release plans for the GUI

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: Release plans for the GUI
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:48:28 +0100

 On 12/09/2011 17:41, Marco atzeri wrote:
> On 9/12/2011 6:05 PM, Richard Crozier wrote:
>>
>> I tried going down the Cygwin route, I installed it and found that xterm
>> wouldn't even work, I just gave up as I didn't even know where to look
>> for a solution. I would promote Linux in VirtualBox over Cygwin any day.
>>

> xterm is fine on cygwin, I do not see major complaints
> on cygwin mailing lists.
>
> Plotting from Octave is suffering a bug on cygwin-1.7.9 ,
> current snapshots are fine so next cygwin-1.7.10 should
> solve the issue.
>
> Marco

Ahh, I remember now, you're right, it was the plot function that was the
problem, although you get a message about being unable to launch xterm
or something like this.

I just thought that if I can't even plot a graph, what's the point in
continuing, who knows what else doesn't work?

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.