Re: Release plans for the GUI

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Release plans for the GUI
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 15:11:45 +0100

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Jacob Dawid <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't agree with what Michael says, but I am not disputing over personal
> preferences. If he is able to offer a working terminal solution on both
> Windows and Linux in whatever way he does it, I am with him, though I have
> spent lots of time going a different direction. For now I have halted
> development on the terminal integration to await his answer.

Well, to be honest I'm not willing to waste my (very limited) spare time in
integrating a terminal emulation for Windows, knowing that you'll throw it
away in a few months time, as it appears what your long-term solution is
(cf. one of your previous post).

If people want an immediate solution for Windows, it's already available:
- scrap Windows and use Linux instead
OR
- use a virtual machine to run Linux within Windows
OR
- use a cygwin-based version of octave

Michael.