Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 66, Issue 17

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 66, Issue 17
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 13:43:10 +0200

On 7 Sep 2011, at 09:43, address@hidden wrote:

> These functions would also have to be revised for style for inclusion
> in Octave or Octave-Forge, but this is a minor point.

Actually the style requirements for Octave-forge are much less strict than
Octave,
and functions with matlab-style comments and stuff like that are accepted there.
So, if you do not want to maintain two different versions of your code, I
suggest you

- collect all your functions in am octave-forge package
(see here <http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html> for instructions)

and ask for a password for the svn repository

- once you get the password you will be able to upload the code to Octave-forge.

Carlo

P.S. these comments apply to

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/32425-best-polynomial-approximation-in-uniform-norm
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/27279-laplacian-in-1d-2d-or-3d
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26962-majorization-check

but not to pcg.m, pcg is a core octave function and should adhere to Octave
coding style as described by Jordi