Re: tests in log-scale plots

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: tests in log-scale plots
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 12:10:59 -0400

On Sep 6, 2011, at 11:47 AM, Kai Habel wrote:

> There is still a problem for Ben's MacOS setup. It is not clear whether its a
> general MacOS problem or if it is something specific for Ben's installation.
> I think he is currently changing his setup, maybe it works then.

I can confirm that the commands below cause a core-dump on both MacOS 10.6.8
using Fink dependencies, and on MacOS 10.7.1 using MacPorts dependencies.

For 10.7.1 and MacPorts, I see ...

>> graphics_toolkit fltk ;
>> figure (1, 'visible', 'off')
>> panic: Segmentation fault: 11 -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete

For 10.6.8 and Fink, I see ...

octave:1> graphics_toolkit fltk ;
octave:2> figure (1, 'visible', 'off')
octave:3> panic: Bus error -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete

Ben