Re: displaying structures array as table

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: displaying structures array as table
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 13:38:46 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 30-Aug-2011, fork wrote:
>
> I don't object to improving the default display functions, but no
> matter what we do we are unlikely to please everyone all the time.  So
> maybe it would be best if we allowed users to customize the output by
> defining a function?

For those who understand French, reread Jean de la Fontaine: "Le meunier,
son fils et l'âne"
This is the story of a miller, his son and a donkey. The donkey, lead by the
miller's son, wears a bag of flour, while the miller walks on the side. Each
time the group encounters a person, this person criticizes the way things
are arranged: the father should be on the donkey while the son wears the
bag, the son and the bag should be on the donkey, and so on. Trying to
please everybody appears impossible.

In our case, maybe all the bells and whistles should go in a function named
'tabdisp' (for tabular display), which should be reasonably customizable by
a few options ? Writing it as a .m file is not that complicated, but I
expect it to be much faster in c++.

Regards

Pascal