Re: How about an easter egg?

From: Javier Fernández
Subject: Re: How about an easter egg?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:32:24 +0200

From: Daniel Pfenniger<address@hidden>

Jordi Guti?rrez Hermoso wrote:
I know Octave is serious business, but... I've been wanting an easter
egg somewhere.

So I don't think the expected audience, typically scientists and
engineers above 20-25, would consider Octave higher with such
distractions.  It might be otherwise with an audience of students
(say in the age range 15-25).

MATLAB had a number of Easter Eggs, Google for: matlab easter egg. I get as ninth result a thread in MatlabCentral
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/2001-what-matlab-easter-eggs-do-you-know
where the 4th user remarks that many of them no longer exist, and the ones that remain are more accurately described as demos. I witnessed the days when lala existed...
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.matlab/browse_thread/thread/b460f5ce3a1b3e34/d73e2a7c052e6cef
... and people would consider an interlibrary loan for solving puzzle no. 1.
There have been interesting surveys from say 1996 to 2005 approx, in c.s-s.m
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.matlab/search?hl=en&q=easter+egg&start=0&scoring=d&hl=en&;
Seems as if they have been progressively removed since then. LALA was noticed missing in 2001.

Possibly easter eggs belong to those times, but then I don't know why why has a Facebook page :-)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2242301810