Re: Fwd: [Announce] GSoC 2011 Mentors/Org Admins: Reminder: "Pencils Dow

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Announce] GSoC 2011 Mentors/Org Admins: Reminder: "Pencils Down" Dates Approaching
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:26:51 +0200

On 08/10/11 21:18, Michael D Godfrey wrote:
> On 08/10/2011 10:11 AM, Daniel Kraft wrote:
>> I'm not sure how the manual is generated and have the feeling that
>> the docstrings may be automatically collected there, but I also
>> think that some kind of "how to use the profiler" tutorial
>> (besides the documentation of profile and profshow) should be
>> useful.  So I'll try to write one, even if it will not be included
>> in the main manual I'd like to provide it at least as an additional
>> ressource.
>>
>> Cheers, Daniel
> Could I encourage you to think in terms of a Chapter (or at least a
> major Section) in the Manual.  Profiling is pretty important and
> deserves clear and visible documentation.  The Manual flow is fairly
> straightforward. It will help if you know the basics of TeX (if you
> do not, now may be a good time to learn!:-) ).

Sounds like a good thing to me.  And well, I use LaTeX regularly but
guess the kind of TeX you want is Texinfo; or does the manual use
something else?  However, I've also used Texinfo before -- so that
shouldn't be hard to do.

Anyway, thanks for the offer -- maybe I'll come back to you with
questions on how to get my stuff into the right place, make it build or
all kind of that stuff. :)

> From what I have seen, you have done a great job.  If I can help
> point this out to Google (I visit there fairly often) just tell me
> how.

That's really nice, thanks a lot for asking!  But all that is necessary
is Jordi's final evaluation giving me a "positive grade".  However, I'm
really encouraged if others find my work useful!

Cheers,
Daniel

- --
or use https://safesend.domob.eu/
- --
Done:  Arc-Bar-Cav-Kni-Ran-Rog-Sam-Tou-Val-Wiz
To go: Hea-Mon-Pri