Re: Octave GUI

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave GUI
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 08:07:07 -0500

On 18 July 2011 07:50, John Swensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Jul 18, 2011, at 8:39 AM, Jacob Dawid wrote:
>
>> I renamed all occurences of "Quint" completely to "Octave GUI". It
>> will be solely maintained on
>> https://bitbucket.org/jordigh/gnu-octave/ in the subdirectory "gui"
>> from now on. Also, all it's code is now following GNU standards.
>
> How closely does Jordi's bitbucket branch follow the main mercurial
> repository?  Shouldn't "gui" have its own branch.

It "is" its own branch (well, its own clone). Right now, all of the
differences from Savannah are self-contained in the gui/ directory.
Nothing outside has been touched. The idea is to modify the build
system outside of gui/ to also build it, but I don't know enough
autotools to do this myself, and I've been waiting for help to do so.
I'm merging periodically with Savannah, and they have all been trivial
merges because the differences are all disjoint from Savannah.

Once the build system gets integrated, it will be a significantly
different clone, and we will start to see people complaining about how
the GUI breaks their builds, which is exactly what we want. ;-) The
idea is that once we get build integration, I can just push everything
in that repo to Savannah in the default branch, and if I'm merging
periodically, this push will be painless.

- Jordi G. H.