Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build

From: Ole Jacob Hagen
Subject: Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 21:55:41 +0200

Hi,

Michael; Is it possible to get a MSVC build of the newest Octave + Octave-forge packages?
Or at least the setup and all that...Then I can compile it myself. ;-)

Regarding performance on function load.

Hardware were not significantly different. The log files were just column based data sets, with sampling time 100 Hz and logged for 1 hours.
I am working in the modelling and simulation industry (read: Serious Games).

The limit however was above  approx 1.1 GB for the 32 bit version. Windows didn't manage to load that large files, but Linux did.
I suspect some wrapper functionality in MinGW could cause the slow-down from 2-3 minutes on Linux to 30 minutes on Windows-XP.. All systems were 32 bit.

I can test loading afterwards, just to see. ;-) When I got half an hour to spare...;-)

Best regards,

Ole