Re: mingw build?

From: fork
Subject: Re: mingw build?
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 23:26:36 -0700

>> But again, if the binary that is for sale can just be uploaded and
>> redistribute for free, then why would more than a few people pay?
>
> Because people are not stupid.

I would happily advocate for spending $100.00 of my department's money
with each binary release, even if I could get the binary somewhere
else, especially if there were some support built in to the price and
listed on the invoice.

> When I was responsible for the software used in my group at the
> university, it would have been trivial to spend some money on Octave -
> "just for trying out a software". There was one reason why I couldn't: I
> needed a written invoice.
>
> So, just the possibility for people to forward a nicely written piece of
> paper with a big printed "invoice for your scientific software package"
> or so to their accounting department can make a difference.

Exactly!

Really, if we could buy something off Amazon with our official VISA
card, that would be all we need. There just needs to be a paper trail
and it needs to look normal to the accountants.

--
Asking a question on a newsgroup?  Read this first: