Re: Possible mentor for Summer of Code project

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Possible mentor for Summer of Code project
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 17:13:36 -0500

On 2 April 2011 01:41, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:

> with regards to my plan on implementing a profiler, I applied to
> GSoC for the GNU Project -- this should be the appropriate place for
> projects on Octave.

Yes, I believe it is.

> I got a response from Ralf Wildenhues that he likes the idea, so my
> question is:  Does anyone want to mentor, in case the application
> gets accepted?

Jaroslav had said he would like to mentor, but he seems to be busy
with his day job nowadays. I just want to say that I really like your
idea of a profiler, and I hope it happens. I wish I could mentor on
that one, but I don't have the necessary skills for it. I want to
encourage you and make sure you are not forgotten. A profiler would be
a great addition to Octave 3.6.

- Jordi G. H.