Damaged hg repo? Where did the tags go?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Damaged hg repo? Where did the tags go?
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 11:28:51 -0500

Something weird is going on. If you look at the tags in .hgtags:

     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/6ef23b4a3402/.hgtags

And you compare them to the history of .hgtags, you'll see a bunch of
tags are missing. I can't even seem to show this on the web interface,
but on my clone, "hg log .hgtags" brings up tags like release-3-0-1
that aren't in .hgtags and mentions changesets that don't exist. I
noticed this around Thursday last week or so. Does someone have an
older clone that doesn't exhibit this problem?

- Jordi G. H.