Possible mentor for Summer of Code project

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Possible mentor for Summer of Code project
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 09:41:46 +0200

Hi,

with regards to my plan on implementing a profiler, I applied to GSoC for the GNU Project -- this should be the appropriate place for projects on Octave.

I got a response from Ralf Wildenhues that he likes the idea, so my question is: Does anyone want to mentor, in case the application gets accepted?

At least officially I need someone signed up as "my mentor", while of course discussions about design plans or the implementation can (and should in my opinion) still be done via the mailing list and involving the whole community.

There was https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-January/022010.html, this is why I CC'ed Jaroslav here.

I would be really glad for anyone volunteering!

Thanks a lot!  Yours,
Daniel

PS: I think it would be great to poke around with the code a little until I really start with the profiler, so I thought a nice thing could be fixing some small bugs -- do you think I can just browse through the bug tracker to find candidates? Or do you have suggestions what would be good "starters"?

--
http://www.pro-vegan.info/