Re: Bug tracker and transplants

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Bug tracker and transplants
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:06:52 -0700

On 04/01/2011 10:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> This just got fixed by Rik with a hg change set, which I assume
> applies to devel sources, and now it's not on the tracker. But I guess
> that it's not fixed in stable, and if it's no longer on the tracker.
> One of the reasons I posted here was to serve as a reminder for stable
> (same goes for the ols.m patch the other day). I don't understand how
> the tracker works for bugs against devel and stable, does one need to
> make two separate reports?
> Thanks,
> Michael
As far as I understand it, the version field is extra information, like the
operating system, that helps to narrow down where a bug might lie.  I don't
think it's being used in the way you suggest (to track which bugs need to
be transplanted).  Unfortunately, the savannah interface does not make it
easy to do so.  Despite "Release" being a required field, one can't search
on it and quickly find the bugs for a particular version which have been
closed.

We could ask the savannah maintainers about adding that functionality.
They were fairly quick in responding to another request I had made.

--Rik