Re: Question about short circuit operators

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Question about short circuit operators
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:03:28 -0600

On 24 February 2011 16:23, Robert T. Short
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Before I submit a bug report, maybe someone can tell me that I am
> missing something.  Why would the following happen?
[snip]
> warning: /home/rtshort/Mirrored/octave/Sources/00Bugs/somefunc.m:
> possible Matlab-style short-circuit operator at line 3, column 20

Just that, you're using operators that short circuit but only if you
use them as a condition in an if or while.

E.g.

     a = b | c; ## No short circuiting in Matlab or Octave

     if b | c  ## Short circuiting in Matlab, use --braind-dead
               ## options to enable it in Octave

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.