Re: GUI Octave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: GUI Octave
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:55:29 -0500

On Feb 13, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Joaquim Varandas wrote:

> I even liked to share the source code, however it was developed based on
> available classes under license CPOL (The Code Project Open License), New
> BSD License, GNU and other types of Proprietary License.
> So the worst that could happen is to put myself in a muddle of rights.
>
> I appreciate being available the source code of Octave, but I do not use
> this code in my software.
>
> Regards,
> JV

Neither the CPOL, BSD, or GNU licenses you mention restrict the distribution of
your source code. In fact, GNU generally requires that the code be distributed
with the executable.

Which GNU license does your work rely upon?

In any event, you can determine if any of the licenses your work includes are
incompatible with GPL from the link below.

        http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses

Ben