Re: GNU Octave 3.4.0 Released (Mac OSX?) (Jordi Guti?rrez Hermoso)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: GNU Octave 3.4.0 Released (Mac OSX?) (Jordi Guti?rrez Hermoso)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:41:10 -0500

On 12-Feb-2011, Richard Campbell wrote:

| Try building Octave on a vanilla install of OSX...

I can't, I don't have an OS X system.

| I'm working hard on documenting exactly what I've done to this
| machine to get Octave working, and it's still not anywhere near
| perfect (I get lots of warnings during regular use of Octave for
| plotting, etc).

I'm happy to do what I can to help make things better, but I can't do
the debugging for problems I can't duplicate on systems I don't have.
We need more people who can regularly build Octave on OS X (and
Windows) systems and who are capable of fixing the problems they
encounter.

I'm also willing to do the work to improve things on these systems
myself, but since working on OS X and Windows is not something that I
find enjoyable, I would want to be compensated for the effort.  I
would not do that work as a volunteer.